Tuesday, January 19, 2010

some inspiration


Due to the movie Julie and Julia, I personally have received an abundance of inspiration. For instance the character "Julie" that Amy Adams portrays is going through a time in her life where everything is kind of a mess and she struggles with commitment.. so there I found something similar in both of us, and she commits to following every recipe in the Julia Child cookbook and blog about it.
Not only did I just become a fan of this personal blogging business, I have also found a new love of cooking, and am recently following the Glamour One-Week Healthy Detox Meal plan, which is challenging me to prepare 3 meals a day for 7 full days. So after 180$ at whole foods, I was determined!
Today I successfully made delicious Turkey Chili http://www.glamour.com/bbg/2010/turkey-chili. * just a quick tip, do not forget to defrost your turkey before putting it in the pan of sizzling oil! hahaha.. thats why I am doing this, learning new things everytime!
The last bit of inspiration I received from this movie was the acceptance speech from the remarkable Meryl Streep on Sunday at the Golden Globes, winning best actress! The humble speech and gratitude she felt and the reference to her mother, assured me why I am in this business and that there is great role models who truly love and completely invest in their passion and deliver wonderful performances!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love you little haylee...and I love your little blog. I have been thinking of names and titles all day. The one I was going to suggest was Living the Dream...Laughing at Myself. Because you are...on both accounts, right?

    Back to the desert..had to be re-routed due to an accident. Two hour drive turned into 4.5 hours. Yikes. Love and miss you girl.

    Keep blogging...I'll try to get a new post up while I'm relaxing here. It's hard to write sometimes with so many demands on my time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog sis!! what's this eating challenge? sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hoooooo freackin raaaayyy for blogs!!!1

    ReplyDelete